Flu clinics at all of the four sites run by Colchester Medical Practice will feel very different this year due to COVID-19. Please ensure you read the information below thoroughly:
You can only have a free NHS flu vaccination if you are eligible. Please visit the link below to find out more if you are not sure:
You will receive an invite by text or letter telling you that you are eligible and inviting you to make an appointment. Please wait until you receive your invite before you book.
Healthy 50 to 64 year olds which the Government announced may be included this year should NOT book a flu appointment until we have confirmation of additional flu vaccination stock. You will be contacted later in the year if/when this becomes available.
Please contact your surgery if you are allergic to eggs or chicken as we will need to make special arrangements for you. Please also note that if you feel unwell, have a temperature or infection on the day or just before your flu appointment you will need to call us to cancel and rebook it when you are feeling better.
We need all of our patients to help us more than ever. You can start by signing up for the NHS App or website to book your flu appointment online. This helps keep our phone lines free for sick patients.
Visit here to sign up: www.nhs.uk/the-nhs-app
When booking your appointment please be sure to make your appointment in the correct slot according to your age as follows:
“Flu 65 yrs and over only”
“Flu 18 to 64 yrs only”
Due to the pandemic we cannot have our waiting rooms open in order to maintain social distancing. Please be aware of the following important information before attending your appointment:
- Please print and complete this flu vaccination consent form and bring this with you to your appointment, this will help to speed up the process for everyone
- Surgery car parks will be closed for all flu clinics for safety reasons due to the volume of patients flowing in and out.
- It is essential that you arrive on time for your appointment. Please do not be early or late as we have hundreds of patients who need to be guided through safely during the clinic.
- You must wear a face covering when attending the surgery for your flu vaccine unless you are exempt. This is to protect others as well as yourself.
- You will need to wait outside of the surgery building until your time slot is called. Please socially distance from other patients throughout your visit.
- You will be asked to exit the surgery through a different door in order to maintain social distancing
- Bring an umbrella! We cannot guarantee the weather and there will not be anywhere to shelter.
- Ensure that you are wearing loose fitting clothes in order to be able to expose the top of your arm quickly and easily. Please be ready when you reach your clinician.
Please note that we are unable to discuss any other medical issues at our flu clinics due to the large volume of patients who need to be constantly moved through the building.